.
Saturday, February 04, 2006,12:45 PM
LONG LEGS

A Bloke in Australia walks up to the bar with a big ostrich behind him, The barman comes over, regarding them some curiosity, and says, "What'll it be?"
The man says," I'll have a pint", and turns to the ostrich, "What's yours?" "I'll have a pint as well" says the ostrich.!"
So the barman pulls two pints, and says "That'll be three pounds forty, please." The man reaches into his pocket, feels around, and, to the barman's surprise, pulls out exactly the three-forty in change.
The next day, the man, and the ostrich, "I'll have a pint.", says the man. "Same for me.", says the ostrich.
The bloke pays each time with the exact amount from his pocket. This becomes almost a regular routine until, late one evening, they enter again. "The same?" asks the barman. "Well", says the man, "it's close to last orders. I'll have a large scotch." He turns to the ostrich inquiringly. The bird says, "I'll have a large scotch as well." the barman rings up the drinks and turns, with a sly grin, "that'll be seven pounds twenty, please." To his amazement, the man pulls the exact seven and twenty out of his pocket.
As they are finishing their drinks, the barman can contain his curiosity no longer. "Excuse me, sir, but before you leave there's something I must know... how do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your pocket... every time?"
"Well", says the man, "it's a long story. But basically, several years ago I took care of an old lady well into her nineties, and when she died, she left me her old house. Nothing special, but as I was cleaning out the attic, I found an old lamp, and when I rubbed it, this genie appeared and offered me two wishes."
"That's fantastic", says the barkeep, "What did you wish for?
"Well, if I ever need to pay for anything, I just put my hand in my pocket and the right money will always be there."
"That's brilliant" says the barman, "most people would wish for a million pounds or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live."
"That's right, whether its a quart of milk or even a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there. The best thing I ever did!"
As he turns to go, the barman calls him back and says, "One last thing, sir... err, your friend there... we don't get many ostriches drinkin' in 'ere...?"
The man looks glum. "Yes, I know. That's probably the worst thing I ever did, but I'm stuck with it. You see, for my second wish I asked for a chick with long legs.


Daylight Again
 
posted by rauf
Permalink ยค


1 Comments: