.
Thursday, January 26, 2006,5:58 AM
THATTEKKAD The place

This is Thattekkad, Kerala. Alwaye-Perumbavoor-Kothamangalam. The road takes you to Munnar, but you take left from Kothamangalam, 12 kilometers you reach Thattekkad bird sanctuary and reserve forest. Lots and lots of birds. You don't need any music.

This was an accidental discovery, I did not plan it. Kicked myself for having a return ticket by the night train. Taking pictures was the last thing on my mind, just being there and trekking through the forest was a great feeling. Trekking without a forest guide would be a very stupid idea, Over confidence can kill you, I almost lost my life in the himalayas once. Here my guide was Ipe, strange name, not hype, terrific knowledge, I became his fan, he is my friend now.

Kerala this time was very hot for January, very unusual, I was completely drenched in sweat but did not feel tired, but worried that I may miss my train, had to go about 80 kilometers and this was a very remote place, though my friend Ipe kept assuring me that I will get a bus back to Kothamangalam. Spending just one day is a tragedy. You can spend half your life looking at the trees and birds. Any way got the bus, reached Alwaye in time to catch the train. Now I feel very tired.

View from the tree house
Daylight Again
 
posted by rauf
Permalink ยค


7 Comments: