.
Thursday, February 23, 2006,9:12 PM
I am back home.

Back home after 10 days of chaotic travel, some days of peace and quiet in the company of animals, birds mostly, one festival, some discoveries, and meeting some friends and relatives. Have to sleep for 2 days, very tired, though I did not feel it while traveling. There's lot to say, lots of pictures to post and reply to comments on my previous posts perhaps tomorrow. Lot of catching up to do, No newspapers or TV. Don't know what happened, but every thing sems OK, and I am fine, no loss, no bad experiences, just pleasant memories to carry me through. Making plans to go to Varanasi even before I reached home. Been there before twice, I love the chaotic life. I want some more of it.
Its good to be back home.
My love to all of you.



Daylight Again
 
posted by rauf
Permalink ยค


12 Comments:


  • 12:57 AM, Blogger Patty

    Sounds like an awesome time. I really love these photos! Whenever you're not busy & when you've had plenty of sleep(& only if you don't mind), I'd love it if you would email me the 3rd photo down in a large size so I can put it as my desktop.

    Have wonderful dreams!

     
  • 5:53 AM, Blogger Davoh

    Still with ya.. wherever y travel. Cheers

     
  • 9:34 PM, Blogger rauf

    Sent you the picture Patty. I am still sleeping, no proper sleep for nearly 10 days and the rattle of the journey had its toll.

     
  • 9:35 PM, Blogger rauf

    Sent you the picture Patty. I am still sleeping, no proper sleep for nearly 10 days and the rattle of the journey had its toll.

     
  • 9:37 PM, Blogger rauf

    Thank you Davo, plenty more coming, I'll take you around. thanks for stopping by Davo.

     
  • 1:23 AM, Blogger e2d

    U R the perfect traveller and I find yr enthusiasm for travelling infectious.
    So..going to Varanasi next!PERFECT!!
    believe it or not..but couple of days back i came across this book by pankaj mishra(never read his books before) and its called the Romantics...and its based in Benaras.Read some excerpts and it seems good..planning to buy it.Anyway cool coincidence to hear that u r heading to varanasi.
    Have an awesome trip!!!

     
  • 1:23 AM, Blogger e2d

    U R the perfect traveller and I find yr enthusiasm for travelling infectious.
    So..going to Varanasi next!PERFECT!!
    believe it or not..but couple of days back i came across this book by pankaj mishra(never read his books before) and its called the Romantics...and its based in Benaras.Read some excerpts and it seems good..planning to buy it.Anyway cool coincidence to hear that u r heading to varanasi.
    Have an awesome trip!!!

     
  • 6:10 PM, Blogger rauf

    Been to Varanasi before e2dees, lots of pictures, too lazy to scan them thought going there again is lot easier than scanning all the pictures, you don't know how lazy I am.

    please read the book if you can and tell me about it, but take care of your projects first.

     
  • 6:25 PM, Blogger e2d

    Will tell u more about the book once I get it and read it.Probably during spring break (end of march).No time before that.:)

     
  • 6:35 PM, Blogger rauf

    Aiyoo ! e2dees, my spring also broke.

     
  • 8:40 PM, Blogger Marc

    Beautiful photos. Peace to you.

     
  • 8:44 PM, Blogger rauf

    Thank you Marc