.
Sunday, March 26, 2006,9:54 PM
Whistling Ducks

Whistling ducks are not ducks, they are birds, you can call them whistling birds, yes they do make whistling sound, They are not birds because they don't perch on tree branches, they are ducks because they are always in water, marshy lands. They fly higher than ducks and their feet are streched in flight, where as ducks fly a short distance not too high but their feet remain where they are, I mean not streched in flight.

What what ?? confusing ? They are ducks but they are not ducks they are birds but they are not birds. Something must be seriously wrong with me. I don't know anything else. Please tell me if you know something more.



Daylight Again
 
posted by rauf
Permalink ยค


7 Comments:


  • 1:49 AM, Blogger Patty

    When I saw them in the water photo, I thought, "ducks," but when I saw them in the flying photos I thought, "birds." I know nothing about this subject. I do know they are beautiful creatures whatever they may be. And beautiful photos as well, Rauf.

     
  • 2:58 AM, Blogger rauf

    They make a lot of noise Patty, Fun to watch them. Its amazing how they communicate with each other. They'd be having fun in the water, a hundred of them suddenly take off all at the same time.

     
  • 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Rauf
    I think it is waterfowl do some research.

    Cherian

     
  • 8:56 AM, Blogger rauf

    I'll check Cherian, I think I have pictures of water ]fowls too, taken in kumarakom and thattekkadu, they are bluish in colour and they don't fly very high

     
  • 9:43 AM, Blogger rauf

    I checked up Cherian, these arw whistling ducks, mostly brownish, waterfowls have different colours in different parts of the world.
    I'll mail you the pictures of waterfowls. Perhaps you find them right infront of your house in tiruvarpu.

     
  • 8:16 PM, Blogger Hayden

    looking at your pics makes me long to be out on the water..... I miss being out among the critters. I am too much in the house these days.

     
  • 10:00 PM, Blogger rauf

    We get into different levels of energy Hayden, this happens to every one. for days I don't step out of my house and for months I don't step out of my city. Then I get some flash of energy to go out and do something. You have channelled your energy in a different area Hayden, you are a power house.