.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006,6:02 PM
Shepherd and his flock of sheep

State of Karnataka has two extremes, extreme high tech and extreme poverty. You find people deprived of basic rights.
No access to clean drinking water.
This picture was taken on the way to Hosur, which is on Tamilnadu border, Electronic city falls in Karnataka.
Had my lunch in the town.
I wanted to wash my hands. I had to cross a long corridor.
What ? I eat in Tamil nadu and you make me wash my hands in Karnataka ?
Daylight Again


 
posted by rauf
Permalink ยค


7 Comments:


  • 7:40 AM, Blogger Ruth

    This reminds me of the new movie I've been reading about: "Water." So much happening so fast in India, so many changes, and so many things still the old way. The clash must be incredible at times and hard to accept.

     
  • 6:23 AM, Blogger rauf

    Ruth the extremes are really shocking. three fourth of one billion people don't know what a computer is. They'll tell you its TV, only 2 percent of Indian population has touched a key board.
    You find the clash only in the cities Ruth, there are still some villages where telephone and electricity has not reached. During my Himalaya treks I asked a villager what his ambition is, he said I want to see a train.

     
  • 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    ruth.. get the DVD wATER. Look at it, study it. Water Wars are your future.

     
  • 1:32 AM, Blogger Sangita S

    Hey u took that pic..and what abt thecolors and shades.how do u manage them are these some special effects or lens work

     
  • 2:11 AM, Blogger rauf

    system work Sangita

     
  • 2:00 PM, Blogger The Heart Of It All

    Thank you for posting on my blog...so i could find your beautiful photo's and interesting blog..The pictures are so good and it;'s nice to see someplace different in this crazy world..

     
  • 6:49 PM, Blogger rauf

    the heart of it all, presenting your part of the world with your lovely pictures makes this world more beautiful. It adds to our joy. Thank you so much.